Money raised from the event goes straight to the community groups who help make the event happen. Last year we donated nearly $10000 to community groups such as Horowhenua Hockey, Waitarere Scouts, Waitarere Fishing Club, Tutira (Levin) Sea Cadets, Roller Derby, Levin Joggers and Walkers, Levin Cycling, Coley Street School, and the list goes on...
So by entering to run you are helping to keep these amazing community groups running too!
One of the groups that helps out each year is the Levin Joggers and Walkers. Here is a bit about them...
How long have we been helping with the event?
Our group has been involved since the very beginning back in 1997. That makes this our 21st year of helping out!!
What do you help with?
- Prior to the event
- We assemble all Race Packs for the Full & Half Marathons.
- Put ribbons onto the medals
- Organise all the Full & Half Marathon Spot prizes,
- Organise the 5km Spot Prizes.
- In the community with Info eg. Flyers
- Pick up and deliver tables, chairs, signs, goody bags, drinks, etc to event site.
- Assist with site set-up.
- Registrations /Race Packs / Info – Fri night.
On the day
- Full and Half registrations.
- Change of Entries
- Information Stand
- Give out all Race Packs
- Full & Half Spot Prizes
- 5km Main and Spot Prizes
- Assist with ushering and checking at Registrations
- Finish line. Handing out medals.
- Assistance with bag storage.
- Supply 2 vehicles to save your legs.
- Driver for courtesy vans.
- Assist with clean up after the event.
We use overall approx 45 club members
The club looks forward to helping out with this event every year. We all enjoy the friendly atmosphere that comes on the day, the positive remarks and we are proud to be apart of a major off road event that happens in our community.
We also love seeing the friendly faces who come back each year some participants have been coming back as long as we have been helping out... for the past 21 years!
We also welcome the continuing relationship with the Great Forest Event Society.
To find out more about our Walking Club, you can contact Alan Birrell. Ph 36 87463