I am coming from deep South Texas near the tip by Mexico in a small community an hour south and west of Corpus Christi named Kingsville.
- Have you done a marathon before?
Have completed 29 full marathons and 8 half marathons plus numerous 5Ks in the last 4 years.
- What made you want to sign up for the Great Forest Events?
Annie Audain!!!!!! Your race in the forest by the beach appealed to me after reading her book and meeting her several times.
And I am completing a marathon on the seven continents and in each of the 50 states in the US after surviving breast cancer. This is my way of honoring God for healing me from cancer.
- Have you been to New Zealand before?
No, I have never been to your amazing part of the world.
- What are you looking forward to experiencing?Camaraderie with fellow earth "trodders" in an, again, amazing land. I want to see and experience some of New Zealand's iconic North Island features.
- Any tips or motivational advice for other participants?
Prepare for this event by training...Jeff Galloway has great programs...mind good hydration and clean nutrition...enjoy yourself, the scenery, the people...know that there is only one winner and the rest of us are finishers as we are out pacing anyone who is not joining us race day...racing is a perfect analogy for battling cancer: you pay an entry fee, get a goofy shirt, hurt like heck while you are in it, and are grateful when it is over !