Run by Great Forest Events Incorporated Society, Great Forest Events include a marathon run and walk, a half marathon run and walk, and 10km and 5km fun runs/walks.
Great Forest Events Incorporated Society Purpose
To promote and co-ordinate a physically active and healthy lifestyle programme and activity in the Horowhenua through:
- the set up, management and operation of running and walking events under the style of Great Forest Events.
- the provision of an iconic walking and running event in the Horowhenua community.
- the provision of events for family groups, sporting clubs, schools and the community.
- the maintenance of a close liaison with and derives support from the club which instituted the original events, namely the Levin Joggers and Walkers Club.
- ensuring that the Society continues to have a local-community focus, base, and loyalty and uses local resources and personnel where reasonably appropriate.
- improving our community by meeting needs; by undertaking the service of providing a large scale physical event and keeping the costs within a level that families and individuals can reasonably afford.
Kathy McMillan Chairperson
Cushla McColl Past President and Marketing and Sponsorship Manager
Colleen Francis Sponsorship and Spot Prize Manager
Claire Hodds IT and Web Manager
Marie Williams Secretary
David Frew Treasurer
Kevin Chapman Course Director
Kevin McCashin Course Director
Gaye Anderson Volunteer Manager
Marlene Bonner Registration Manager
Jessica Meade Marketing Advisor